|2004 Trojanovich Family Picnic July 2nd and 3rd|
Hawaii was once an independent kingdom. (1810 - 1893) The flag was designed at the request of King Kamehameha I. It has eight stripes of white, red and blue that represent the eight main islands. The flag of Great Britain is emblazoned in the upper left corner to honor Hawaii's friendship with the British. The combination of the stripes of the United States flag and the Union Jack of Great Britain is said to have pleased the merchant shippers of both nations. Flag adopted for official state use in 1959.
We’re heading North of Calhan this year. It’s the annual Trojanovich family reunion and Hawaiian Luau!
July 2nd and 3rd
Friday night camp over. Saturday morning traditional campfire breakfast. Saturday noon luau.
Bring your sun screen and hat as we know how hot it has been.
St. Mary's Hall (5.5 miles North of Calhan).
What to bring:
- Friday night - usual supper of dogs and whatever you bring. Do bring a portable grill if you have one.
- Saturday morning - bring breakfast fixins (eggs, bacon, potatoes, coffee, etc).
- Saturday noon - meat will be provided. Pitch-in to cover the cost. Bring salads, sides, deserts and drinks.
- General - tent, sleeping bags, coolers with ice.
- Musical instruments, cards, souvenirs, pictures.
- Picture/arrowhead/rock collections.
- Family colors. Wear your family color!
- Friday night campover with music and storytelling.
- Saturday horseshoe pit, volleyball net, and bicycles okay
- Saturday nature walk.
- Singing. Bring your voices and family spirit!
- Restroom and kitchen facility
- Hot and cold water
- Dance floor space for sleeping
Pictures:Courtesy of photographer extraordinaireSam Trojanovich, some pictures from the 2004 family picnic:
Reach us through any of the following:
- Via Phone: William R Trojanovich family at 303-443-9411
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The William Trojanovich Jr. family (Boulder/Calhan) may be contacted at email address: email@example.com(note, recently changed)