|2006 Trojanovich Family Picnic July 1st and 2nd|
S l o v a k i a, a j o y!
Come one come all to the annual Trojanovich Family Picnic.
We're celebrating our Family, our Country, our Heritage.
This year we have a special treat: a group of us will have just returned from a tour through Slovakia. Come see our pictures, hear our first-hand stories, and see if we've put on a few extra pounds from all the halusky and kapusta we've eaten. Dobru' chu't! (hear this in Slovak)
July 1st and 2nd
Saturday evening grill and campfire.
Sunday morning "campfire" breakfast followed by devotions and a morning stroll through the countryside.
And through the afternoon, fun and games for the kids, and a report from our trip.
Potluck picnic lunch at 1pm.
Ramah Hall (5.5 miles East of Calhan).
What to bring:
- Saturday grill - burgers and brats on your own.
- Saturday night - stay for storytelling and singing around the campfire then sleep under the stars. Bring sleeping bags, tents, chairs, and your stories.
- Sunday potluck - bring a family dish to share plus a few dollars to cover expenses (the hall, mailings, common food, etc).
- General - coolers with ice. Hats and sunscreen.
- Musical instruments, cards, souvenirs, pictures. Anything fitting with the theme. If you have Slovakia items, please bring them!
- Wear your family color! Can't remember what it is? check the family tree
- Horseshoe pit, frisbee, egg-toss, gunny-sack races, 3 legged races, hammering contests
- Music and singing. Bring your voices and family spirit!
- Restroom and kitchen facility
- Hot and cold water
- Dance floor space for sleeping
- Be sure to pack a few extra dollars. We'll be passing the hat to help pay for the hall and cover any other expenses.
Reach us through any of the following:
The William Trojanovich Jr. family (Boulder/Calhan) may be contacted at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org(note, recently changed)